Applications closed on August 15. You may still submit documents within 30 days of your application date.

Get food money for students TK-12.

Already applied? Submit documents.

Official State of California P-EBT partner.

Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) 4.0 is a federally funded meal program for homeschooled and virtual school students.

How it works

1. Apply

Answer some questions, then upload proof of student identity and enrollment within 30 days.

2. Add your documents

Upload required documents as part of your application. You can also return to our homepage to add documents within 30 days.

3. Allow time for review

State helpline workers will review your application. They may contact you by phone or email to request more documents.

4. Get Money

Eligible students will have an EBT card mailed to them. Use them at most in-person and online food stores, or at a farmers market.

Follow-up on your application

Get more money for food

Apply for more food money at

Get food now

If you need food now, you can find your local food bank.

Documents you may need

Send these documents with your application, or within 30 days of applying.

You can use photos, screenshots, and documents from your phone or device.


Student proof of identity

Any one of these for each student:

  • Birth certificate or hospital birth record (from any country)
  • Immigration or naturalization document
  • Passport
  • Tax form with the student's name
  • Drivers license

Non-citizen students can apply and qualify. Your information will NOT be shared for the purposes of immigration enforcement.

Proof of enrollment

Any one of these for each student:

  • Official document with the student's name and their virtual school name
  • Report card
  • School ID
  • Transcript
  • Acceptance letter
  • Affidavit number for homeschooled students

Proof of income

Any one of these for each job (you don't need a job to qualify).

  • Pay stub
  • Tax return (W2, 1099)
  • Profit and loss statement
  • Monthly earnings statement (e.g. Uber earnings screenshot)
  • Signed/dated self-certification letter with your income and job

Proof of other income

Any one of these for other income (if you get Social Security, SSI, disability, etc.):

  • Check
  • Bank or investment account statement
  • Benefit letter
  • Court determination